Can you pronounce vigesimal?
Word Daily
Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Vigesimal
WD
Vigesimal
adjective 1. Relating to or based on the number twenty.
EXAMPLE SENTENCES
"My math teacher gave me a silly answer for why some ancient civilizations used a base-20, or vigesimal, math system: Humans have 10 fingers and 10 toes."
"There are 19 people in front of you in line, so you're in the vigesimal spot."
"I have an affinity for all things vigesimal: I was born on June 20, I met my husband when I was 20, and my daughter was born on January 20."
Ads help keep Word Daily free.
Latin, mid-17th century
Why This Word?
The numbering and math system we commonly use is the base-10, or decimal system. But if you remember from your school days, math principles still work on any system. ...
Continue Reading
Thank you for supporting our advertisers.
Do you remember these words?
Elide Caesura
Piquant Gadabout
WD Privacy Policy  •  Terms of Use  •  Contact Us
3419 Via Lido, #657 Newport Beach, CA 92663
Advertisements powered by LiveIntent • AdChoices AdChoices