Hi Friend,

Happy spring! This year has been a whirlwind, and I can hardly believe that Passover is around the corner. I think I have my menu just about ready, but always find myself making a few last minute additions. I've shared a few delicious ideas below.

In recent weeks I've been adding to the Passover section of ToriAvey.com. If you're looking for Seder recipes, be sure to check out my Passover Recipe Index, where you'll find recipes listed by category; including Ashkenazi Passover recipes (without kitniyot), Sephardic Passover recipes (may include kitniyot), vegetarian Passover recipes, vegan Passover recipes, gluten free Passover recipes, and more! I even have a category designated to Passover crafts to encourage the little ones to get involved.

MATZO BALL SOUP WITH 3 MATZO BALL RECIPES - I've spent years perfecting this classic chicken soup recipe, and I'm excited to share it with you. I've also updated my tutorial for making homemade chicken stock, with multiple ways to make a perfect base for your soup. In this post you'll find three tried-and-true matzo ball recipes – floaters, sinkers, or gluten free. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later. For a vegetarian version (includes eggs), you might like this approach.

CHOCOLATE ALMOND FLOUR CAKE -  Passover is my favorite excuse to bake decadently rich flourless chocolate cakes. To lighten things up a bit, I often add almond flour to my standard flourless chocolate cake. Nut flour cakes are popular throughout the Mediterranean, particularly in Italy - and I really like how almond flour improves this Passover dessert. Be sure to check with your guests, to make sure nobody has a nut allergy. My family likes to call this a Chocolate Crackle Cake! RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

MEDITERRANEAN FISH IN TOMATO SAUCE - This enticingly flavorful recipe comes from my husband's family, right from the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. I like to serve it over Cauliflower Couscous during the week of Passover. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

BLOOD ORANGE MANISCHEWITZ COCKTAIL - A Manischewitz cocktail… what could be more perfect for the Jewish holidays? This tasty and creative Blood Orange Manischewitz Cocktail from my friend Gabi Moskowitz is kosher for Passover. Reduced Manischewitz wine makes a syrup that adds sweetness and depth to freshly squeezed blood orange juice. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

MARY GOLDBERG'S PASSOVER MANDEL BREAD - Mandel bread is a classic Jewish cookie. Similar in form to Italian biscotti, mandel bread (also known as mandelbrot) is the perfect cookie for dunking in tea or coffee. This mandel bread recipe is kosher for Passover; it was shared with me by 104 year-old Mary Goldberg. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

POTATO CRUSTED SPINACH FRITTATA -  This Potato Crusted Spinach Frittata came to me one night when I was trying to come up with a quick dinner. What a fantastic experiment it turned out to be! And it just so happens to be perfect for the week of Passover, or a post-Seder breakfast! RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

For more frequent updates, friend me on Facebook or say hi on Instagram. I'm also on Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. If you've had a chance to try any of the free recipes I've posted, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think - or post on social media. Be sure to tag @toriavey and add #TorisKitchen so I can see.

Kind Regards,

Tori Avey
ToriAvey.com