Hi Friend!

We are just two weeks away from Rosh Hashanah, and my mind is on all of the sweet ingredients that symbolize our wishes for a sweet New Year. The recipes below are perfect for the holiday, and they are all well loved by my family. Even if you don't celebrate Rosh Hashanah, I'm guessing you'll find something crave-worthy here. 

You can find all of my Rosh Hashanah recipe and craft content here. For more exclusive holiday recipes not available on my public site, consider joining my culinary community (which includes ad-free access to ToriAvey.com!). Learn more here.

DATE HONEY NUT CAKE - This super easy quick bread cake is lovely served with tea or coffee. It's also a nice change from standard honey cake – perfect for Rosh Hashanah, Sukkot, or any holiday! RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later. 

JEWELED BLACK RICE SALAD - I love this gorgeous, subtly sweet side dish with forbidden rice, roasted butternut squash, apples, fresh mint and pomegranate arils. A healthy vegan side dish for any fall holiday.  RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

POMEGRANATE GLAZED SALMON - This simple preparation for salmon is a family favorite, and can easily be scaled up for a crowd. The pomegranate molasses combines with a salted brown sugar crust, caramelizing and infusing the salmon with a wonderful teriyaki-like flavor. The best part? It's super easy to prepare, especially if you make the pomegranate molasses a day or more in advance. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later.

VEGAN STUFFED ACORN SQUASH - A hearty meatless dairy-free entree with a savory filling of chickpeas, mushrooms, basmati rice, pecans, herbs, and spices. Top with an optional drizzle of balsamic reduction for layers of flavor in one pretty vegetarian package. RECIPE HERE or PIN IT for later. 

HOW TO COOK BRISKET - Ever wondered how to cook brisket, from choosing the right cut to slicing and serving? With a good recipe and the proper technique, brisket becomes tender and juicy, the perfect centerpiece for a holiday meal. Let's talk brisket! TIPS AND TRICKS HERE or PIN IT for later. 

ROSH HASHANAH SANGRIA - It wouldn't be the High Holidays without a cold pitcher of my Rosh Hashanah Sangria! Celebrate the Jewish new year with this sweetly symbolic beverage, featuring several traditional holiday ingredients. RECIPE HERE or  PIN IT for later.

For more frequent updates, friend me on Facebook or say hi on Instagram. I'm also on Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. If you've had a chance to try any of the free recipes I've posted, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think - or post on social media. Be sure to tag @toriavey and add #TorisKitchen so I can see.

Kind Regards,

Tori Avey
ToriAvey.com

P.S. Still thinking about joining my culinary community? You'll find all the info here